Wednesday, May 28, 2014

My Voice

A few weeks ago, after I had completed my write-up of all that is new and exciting with Ellie, I proceeded to roam the blogging world, catching up on creeping friends and strangers I find interesting. And, unfortunately, I started to feel lame. About me. About my blogging ability. About what I have to share with the world.
I'm not as witty as some.
I don't use all the cool fonts that make posts more exciting to read.
I don't really have all that much to say.
Nothing uber-unique.
I just live life and brag about my cute kid. And the cute kid I placed.

So I felt sucky about that for a little while. And then I realized (after finally deciding not to totally over-haul my blog to copy-cat others' awesomeness) that I have my own voice. We all do. And maybe I don't have too much to say. But I should say it anyway. I need to. For those I love that are too far to visit often. For myself (hello, free therapy). And for those who might need it.

I do have some cool stories. I am a birthmom after all. And that's pretty neat. And hopefully I can help one other person contemplating placing a child, and help them see life rolls on, beautifully. Perhaps I can shed some light on birthparents for a couple hoping to adopt. And maybe I'll make one friend smile, giggle, LOL or even talk directly to the computer screen (I do it all the time. No big deal.) because of something silly I remember or share.

Maybe I can do those things. And maybe I won't.
But I don't have a chance if I don't try.

So here I am. Via blogging. I'm going to try harder to blog more often and to blog true-to-character, without worrying so much about what all the other cool blogs are doing. 
I'm just me. And I only have my voice. So I'll just use that.

I encourage you to do the same. You'll rock it. I can already tell.

AND, just a plug for a dear friend, if you want to check-up on someone who is going somewhere in the blogging world, check this out.

2 comments:

  1. I love this. Seriously, you have a pretty awesome voice...and an important story to tell. I want more of it!
    Also, thanks for the shout-out...you are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, Jaylene. Your 'voice' is perfect! Keep calm and blog on!

    ReplyDelete