Monday, April 8, 2013

Bennett's Second

Happy Birthday, Bennett!
He wanted the camera.

Today is B's 2nd Birthday.
Can you believe it?
He. Is. TWO. (as in years. two. years. old.)

And lucky for everyone, he isn't terrible (yet).

We had the privilege of spending Sunday with my favourite family to celebrate the occasion.
It was a blast.
But I won't lie, it was hard to focus on the last session of Conference when I was in such excellent company and with cute kids everywhere.

After Conference the family began to pour in, ready to share in all the fun and games. The kids were noisy and crazy (as it should be) and everyone had a great time. 

Amy made an epic Farm Cake for Bennett, seriously, that woman has more talent than she will openly admit.

Bennett received some stellar gifts, including a bike that has no pedals! It helps kids learn to push themselves along with their legs, then they can learn to coast with their legs up, thus learning balance, and eventually when their little legs get long enough they will be able to pedal a normal bike. This thing is awesome.

Enjoying A Cupcake
As for Bennett, I don't mean to brag, but this kid is pretty impressive.
  • He is quite shy around people he doesn't know, it took him a while to warm up to Jordi & me...and I am pretty sure he still isn't sold on Jordi's beard.
  • Once he warms up, he is quite the talker. He can repeat almost anything, can form complete sentences, and can even count to 19 (he does get a little confused in the teens, but really, who doesn't).
  • He walks, runs, and jumps around with impressive balance and coordination, rarely biting the dust.
  • He will try almost any food at least once, but isn't a huge fan of carbs (he didn't get that from me!).
  • I am told he does have his moments, but for the most part is a really happy and healthy little guy!
I couldn't be more proud!

Bennett, you are one of the very best things that has ever happened to me. 
Thank you.
My heart speaks to yours.
<3

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jay....he is just so precious and such a cutie pie! I love him so much and you too! You are the best. I miss your face....and belly like crazy!

    ReplyDelete