Saturday, April 13, 2013

Plus One

Well.
All you baby-crazy people out there that have been waiting for a new baby to smell, hold, and talk nonsense to, rejoice!

We are expecting!
Well, I am expecting. I supposed Jordi is also expecting, but I am the one expecting the baby to come out of my womb. He is expecting me to do all the baby-making. And he's around for moral support. So I'm told.

The Facts:

  • How Far Gone: 16 weeks 5 days along (as of today).
  • Due Date: September 24, 2013.
  • Nickname: Bean. 
  • Gender: Unknown. Hoping to find out at our next appointment. Jordi is hoping for a boy. I am hoping for a baby (I like to go in with low expectations and be pleasantly surprised).
  • Names: We've discussed names we like, but we aren't set on anything. I like names that are either super old-school or just plain weird, so Jordi hasn't been very accepting of my name submissions.
  • Barf Bag:  Nope. I'm good. I've been fortunate and only had one day of tummy troubles, and that was not baby's fault.
  • Cravings: It depends on the day. Some examples: rainbow chip cupcake batter, pickled beets, garlic-jalapeno stuffed green olives (but who wouldn't love those on any day!), cucumbers, smoothies, bagels & cream cheese (spicy jalapeno cream cheese, does that not sound amazing?!).
  • Can't Stand: ...Well, Jordi made me oatmeal once and I gagged pretty good, but then I ate it anyways.
  • Body Issues: I was super tired for a while, but lately I'm finding more energy. I pee a lot (Go figure). I've also had more break-outs than normal, but hey, if that's the worst that I get, I consider myself very lucky.
Did I miss anything? I have no idea what people want to hear from a pregnant lady. Weird, right?

We are way excited, way nervous, but still way excited...and did I mention nervous?

Here's me and the belly earlier this week. It's recently begun showcase itself in public, despite my efforts, hence me (finally) telling the world that I'm making a baby, not just eating Big Macs every day all day...Although I would probably do that if I could afford it.

Sorry it's not a great shot, I made Jordi photograph me in our bathroom so I didn't look yellow and the background wasn't something weird.

Oh. This is also my new Spring Haircut! I had it chopped on Easter Weekend. It's still pretty long, but I miss my longer hair. Oh well, it grows back. I needed a change.

More to come as things progress. If there's something you need to know, tell me and I'll include it along the way.

Hooray for a terrifying new adventure!

2 comments:

  1. If it's a girl, Kimberley is a really nice name.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, choosing a name. I had so many nice names picked out when I was younger...I never considered that my husband would have veto power!

    ReplyDelete