Friday, July 25, 2014

Pioneer Day


So Utah has a marvelous day to celebrate and remember and be grateful for the pioneers who came and settled the area. Pioneer Day! July 24th. I'll celebrate almost anything that gets me out of work. So hurrah!

To celebrate Jordi went to work. Not surprising. But Ellie and I had other plans. My sis-in-law Angie recently mailed me a little floating contraption for Ellie to hang out in the pool. You need to understand, this kid loves water. She cries her hardest when her bath is over. It's traumatic. I'm obviously a less than perfect parent because I don't let her sit in there playing and splashing until 9 pm.

So, anyways, we went to city pool with my amazing neighbour-friend Tawyna and her three boys. I over-packed, which isn't surprising if you know me, but hey, you can never have too many snacks. We spent about three glorious hours at the pool. It was awesome. Ellie loved it, and her little toy worked out wonderfully. I burned my shoulders a bit, which also isn't surprising, but I have a new balm, Yoreganics bye bye dry balm, and it's been working wonders. I got it on crazy sale from steals.com, go buy some if you're looking for a wondrous product. It is good for everything!

Get out there and enjoy summer while it's still here!

No comments:

Post a Comment