Friday, July 15, 2011

Breanna & Avery

Avery and her cousin


Last month (ummm...where is the time going...seriously) Breanna was able to come up to Edmonton and have a delightful Baby Shower with her sweet little girl, Avery. And I do mean little; compared to Bennett she seems like a porcelain doll I would have received at Christmas. Bennett is like a really cute sack of potatoes. The cutest sack of potatoes.


Anyways. The shower was wonderful. Lauren and I went in together on a gift that Lauren selected and it was incredibly cute. I seriously think baby girls have WAY more options than baby boys. Unfortunate for the mini-gents. Oh well. Breanna also requested some goodies from the States and I was more than happy to bring them up for her.

Babies bring out the best in people
Doesn't Rach look great with a baby!?
Props to the ladies who organized and hosted (hostessed?) the Shower. The games were cute and full of delicious prizes and the Treats Table was AMAZING! It was my first experience with Cake Pops, definitely a trendy treat.

Breanna had a loooooong labor, and so I loved hearing about everything that happened and ranting about how ridiculous our experience was at the hospital. Don’t get me wrong, it was great, but it had its moments. Ahem…next time Jared is NOT allowed to chat up the man attempting to give me an epidural, apparently that fellow cannot multi-task and needs to focus on his job.

It’s weird how an instant connection is formed between you and any other mother ever after you have had the experience of Childbirth. I think I could talk to a complete stranger about it and be alright… and it’s not just because I have this weird thing for being way too friendly to strangers.

Anyway, it was a delight. We had a blast. I stayed way too late…Seriously, who stays at a Shower until like, 10pm. Me. Apparently.

Breanna and the 3-0-6 crew
Me, Brea and Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment