Friday, July 15, 2011

Ode to Paxton

The One and Only Paxton

Alright. Let’s do a little bit of background here. Amy & Jared were selected by Paxton’s family to Foster him through the state while Paxton’s mom took some time to sort her life out. A&J had hopes to eventually adopt him as it slowly became clear that permanent placement with them was in Paxton’s best interests. While completing the (lengthy, in my opinion) process of fostering to adoption, Paxton’s Birth Mom willingly signed over her parental rights, making it much easier for Amy & Jared to continue the process.
Amy and Her Boys

So. After countless training sessions and evaluations and prayerful nights, a court date was set: June 20th. And it went swimmingly! Or. Courtingly? I doubt courts swim at all. But it went well! And Paxton was officially adopted.

And that means I can PLASTER this blog with photos of his adorable face.
Brothers

Paxton is definitely one of my favourite three year olds. It is amazing to watch him learn and grow, and he just picks up on everything! Two of my favourite Paxtonisms:
-He loves to dance. But only to You Spin Me ‘Round by Dead or Alive. He will listen to that song five times in a row, no problem. And just do his little bobbing-dance. (Video to come soon!)
Texting Santa
-He loves to text. He will ask me for my phone saying “I need to send a message.” And as we have become closer friends he has confided in me the Recipient of these messages: Santa.
Obviously hand-writing Santa a letter mid-November is a thing of the past. I better get his cell phone number so I can text him my Wish List for this year.

Since the Official Adoption he has also been sealed to Jared & Amy in the Temple... but we will chat about that later...
 
But here is to you Paxton. I hope you continue to be my friend as long as I have a cell phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment